Thursday, February 24, 2011

What Not To Wear

Hey, ladies! As I write this to you, it is 1:30 in the morning, which means two things. First, I will probably not be getting up before noon. Secondly, it means that I am exactly two weeks away from seeing my man again! Please join me in a girlish squeal. *EEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEeeeee!!!!*

As his boot camp graduation is approaching, albeit at the speed of a heavily sedated sloth, I am starting my hunt for the perfect dress to wear to the big day. I already have appointments to get my hair and nails done a few days before, but the dress is important. I need something that says, "Remember me? Your extremely sexy, not in a sleazy way, mostly classy, stunning girlfriend? P.S. I've missed you so much and if we get two seconds alone, I'm totally going to jump you in that sailor suit." Now, I realize this is a lot to expect from a dress. Besides, there are other things to consider.

Since it is still March in Chicago, I must keep in mind that we'll probably be attending the graduation in a blizzard...followed closely by mid 70s and sunny...and then another snowstorm. I'm not saying I'm looking for a slinky, sequined parka, but anything too revealing is out of the question. On a related note, as much as I'll want to look sexy when he sees me, this is still the US Navy. I'm thinking an element of class is expected. I'm thinking something between Britney Spears in her "Slave For You" video and Jackie O. There has to be a happy medium, right?

Now, arguably, just as important as the dress is the shoes. Although flats are clearly more comfortable, I look way sexier in heels. (Plus, they make me as tall as a normal person.) On the other hand, when I'm running to find Dave at the end, I can run much faster in flats...but on the other hand, if I have heels I can take them off and use the stiletto to hack my way through the crowd to him. So. Many. Decisions.

Whatever I end up wearing I know he'll love it. He'll think I'm beautiful because he loves me, and as such, is obligated to think I'm pretty. Ladies, continue to keep your heads up high, and if you don't feel like you can, at least lift your butt with a cute pair of heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment